Thursday, September 2, 2010

End Of The Summer Season

September first has arrived and gone. That coolness is in the air, and it shrieks to me that SUMMER IS OVER. Now is the time that I start to plan my fall, winter and spring escapes. As beautiful as the Pacific NW is during a long, hot summer (like the summer of 2009, not 2010), when the days get shorter, light later and dark earlier, all I can think to do is escape.

This week will bring me to Alameda, to visit K&J and Violet. Grammy must visit often so Violet will know who I am. We also skype several times a week, so that helps.

My wonderful husband (WH for short) and I are considering a fall get-away to Zihuatanejo. We visited this small town for a day one time, and are thinking that a week in sunny, hot Mexico would feel good in November or December. We have both been checking out the reviews of where to stay. Lots of nice places to choose from.

The end of the year will be a road trip to visit our children and grand children. And we will enjoy our annual winter get away to Kauai in February. Somehow, I will slip in a few more visits to family & friends in warmer climates. And hopefully that will get us back to late spring and summer when the days are long and the temperatures are high(er).




No comments:

Post a Comment